Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

What is a Mom?

a Peacemaker 
a Confidant 
a Listening Ear
a Shoulder
a Hug
 Crafty
a Cry
a Hand holder
a Voice
a Rock
a Light bulb
a Truth
a Encourager
a Smile
a Giggle
a Word
a Tickle
a Eye
a Heart
a Worker
a Healer
a Jungle gym
 and So much More

My mother has been all of these in my life as well as my brother.  And because of these things we have bumped heads over the years. Either I didn't understand where she was coming from or she didn't understand me or we just didn't see eye to eye. I've done things my on way and how I see fit. But deep down I was soaking the words and actions in.  I can say that because of how I am with my children today. The times I pick up the phone and call her. The times growing up and learning which way I should go. She taught me to lean on God in the good and bad. To be the best for my husband and my children. She taught me not only in words but in actions. Growing up she was a great example of the Proverbs 31 Woman -God, Family, Self. For all the examples she has been and is to me I respect the woman my mom is. I pray that I am half the mom she is. So make sure and call your mom today. Send her a message and let her know what she means to you. You never know when it could be the last time. Celebrate the Day, Celebrate the Mom!
Happy Mother's Day!

Proverbs 31 

The Wife of Noble Character

10 A wife of noble character who can find?
    She is worth far more than rubies.
11 Her husband has full confidence in her
    and lacks nothing of value.
12 She brings him good, not harm,
    all the days of her life.
13 She selects wool and flax
    and works with eager hands.
14 She is like the merchant ships,
    bringing her food from afar.
15 She gets up while it is still night;
    she provides food for her family
    and portions for her female servants.
16 She considers a field and buys it;
    out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.
17 She sets about her work vigorously;
    her arms are strong for her tasks.
18 She sees that her trading is profitable,
    and her lamp does not go out at night.
19 In her hand she holds the distaff
    and grasps the spindle with her fingers.
20 She opens her arms to the poor
    and extends her hands to the needy.
21 When it snows, she has no fear for her household;
    for all of them are clothed in scarlet.
22 She makes coverings for her bed;
    she is clothed in fine linen and purple.
23 Her husband is respected at the city gate,
    where he takes his seat among the elders of the land.
24 She makes linen garments and sells them,
    and supplies the merchants with sashes.
25 She is clothed with strength and dignity;
    she can laugh at the days to come.
26 She speaks with wisdom,
    and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
27 She watches over the affairs of her household
    and does not eat the bread of idleness.
28 Her children arise and call her blessed;
    her husband also, and he praises her:
29 “Many women do noble things,
    but you surpass them all.”
30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
    but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.
31 Honor her for all that her hands have done,
    and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.

~ hugs and prayers~
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment