Monday, May 6, 2013

Banana Cake

Momma Sue's Banana Cake


This is one of our family favorite morning foods beside the normal bacon, sausage, eggs and biscuits and gravy. It's easy to make and really yummy! It's great straight from the oven hot with butter or the next day. When we first had it our neighbor Sue made it for us and we have been hooked on it since. After a while I finally asked for the recipe so I could make as often as possible. I've made it for friends, holidays, church, Community Bible Study(as was the case for this post), teacher gifts and so forth. Actually the last time I made it for a teacher gift was when I went into labor with Laura Mae and didn't know I was in labor. I told Daniel I have to finish this cake for Amos' teacher's Christmas present. Yeah, she didn't receive it for a gift. When it came out of the oven. I was on my way to the hospital to have a little girl. It went into the freezer and was forgotten for awhile. Love the fact I can put a story with this recipe. I think recipes and stories go hand in hand. This is just like banana bread but a cake instead. Hope you and yours enjoy it just as much as our family. And thank you Momma Sue for the recipe.

~Banana Cake~

1 box yellow cake mix
1 box vanilla instant pudding (I use french vanilla)
1 mashed large banana (I sometimes use 2)
4 eggs
3/4 cup of water
1/2 cup of oil

Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Pour into a well greased bundt pan and bake in 350 degree oven for 35-40 minutes.
and Enjoy!
This is optional. and most times I don't even make it but there is a glaze you can put on top if you like.

~Glaze~

1/2 cup sugar
1/2 mashed banana
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon milk
Mix together and put onto cake with hands.



hugs and prayers~ Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment