Thursday, August 15, 2013

5 Questions+Radical Obedience= #SayWhat

August 4th I started a Online Bible Study through Proverbs 31 Ministries with over 22,000 ladies from a 120 countries around the world reading the book, What Happens When Women Say YES to God  by Lysa Terkeurst. I have to say it is making me think and I am loving it. I'm also a part of group of great ladies on Facebook, who I don't even know but soon will, that are going through this study together.  I believe, life is about being together for fellowship while worshiping God.
This is the second week of this study and God is moving through me. The first week we study about having our #PalmsUp and ready for, "Whatever God says, do it."(pg 20). And this week we are Hearing God's Voice and Radical Obedience (chapter2/3).

I pray for my mind to be clear and my heart to be open to hear.


5 questions to help me hear God, #SayWhat moments, Radical Obedience
I don't know if you can have any of these without the other. When you sit with God and use these questions and give into radical obedience the #Say What moments are going to come. I struggle with my quite time. I want to blame it on the fact there are 4 kids in the house and I'm busy with them or busy keeping the house clean (cough, cough) and any other task I can come up with. But the true reason is I CHOOSE other things to do. I choose to start my day on the iPad, computer, or even my phone. And then if I have time, I will spend a few minutes with God. But who am I kidding, I put God off until I lay in bed and have put my book down before going to sleep and sometimes not even then. Then God is getting the leftovers of me. And I know in my heart that is so off and wrong. I tell lots of people if you put God first and get right with him then everything else will fall into place. It's a great speech and I probably should listen to my own advice. It's easy to tell my husband. kids, family, and friends to put God first and ignore it myself, thinking I've got this all figured out. Yeah right, if anything I am more fake than ever. I don't want to be fake I want to be Real. I want my kids to see me spending time with God. I don't want that old saying, " Do as I say, not as I do." to be apart of my life. I want to be REAL with my family.

In the book, Lysa uses John 15:4,"Remain in me and I will remain in you.No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me." to talk about obedience. So if I want to bear fruit to my family and friends I MUST make the choice to be with God.

So my Radical Obedience is Choosing God First, being Real with people in my life and shutting out the stuff. I'm reprogramming my life by having time with God. Asking these questions, having the obedience, and  those #SayWhat moments will keep me on the road to saying YES. As I say YES to GOD. I'm going to have my #PalmsUp and ready and #SayWhat when He calls.

Chapter2Questions_Large-2 
Here's the list of questions to ask is you aren't sure what you want (things, which road to take, which choice to make and so forth) is in line with God. A great starting step on the road to hearing God.

hugs and prayers~ Kim

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing with us, Kim! My post was kind of along the same lines... I sometimes put God off, too, or treat my time with Him as an inconvenience. So glad He has mercy and grace! Blessings to you as you continue this say yes journey!
    Lauren, P31 OBS Small Group Leader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mercy and Grace where would we be without it. So glad God loves me that much. Thank you guys for all the work you have put into this study. I am loving it!

      Delete
  2. Love it this Kimberly and love you!
    Cindy M~ (Your OBS small group leader)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cindy. You've been a Great encouragement through the last two weeks. So looking forward to the next few weeks! Love back at you

      Delete
  3. Kimberly so glad you are with OBS and your obedience in choosing God first. Aren't the facebook groups fun. I lead one now and love it. Thanks for sharing your heart today. Debbie W. (OBS Facebook Small Group Leader)

    ReplyDelete