Monday, April 15, 2013

Homemade Granola

Homemade Granola

I love making yummy snacks for my family. One that I have made several times for them is homemade granola. It's quick and easy and I usually have all the ingredients on hand. So big plus at our house. And the kids actually like it, bonus. I found the recipe on Pinterest when I first joined the site but can't remember if I actually pinned it or not. Sometimes I just go ahead and write the recipe down and then forget to pin it. Or I combine more than one recipe and then forget which one I got the idea from even if I did pin it. Anywho, this is the recipe I have wrote down and have used. Hope you and yours enjoy as my family does.

Peanut Butter Granola


4 cups of old fashion oats
3/4 cup sunflower seeds or kernels, salted ones for us
1/2 cup of honey
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon


Mix peanut butter and honey together and melt in the microwave for 1 mintute
Take out and add the cinnamon and vanilla to mixture and stir well.

Slowly add seeds and oats
I usually add the oats 1 or 2 cups at a time

Mix until all are covered
Spread the granola out on a lightly greased pan. Put into a preheat oven of 350

Bake for 10 minutes stirring halfway through
Keep an eye on it so it doesn't burn
Take out when it's a golden brown color


I usually let it sit for a little bit and then put it in a container with a lid. Oh , I do actually eat some before this step. Not sure how long it stays good because it gets eat pretty quickly at our house. 
So go make it. I'm sure it's yummy on ice cream, yogurt, cereal but I mainly eat it by the handfuls. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment