Saturday, August 25, 2012

Words

1 Thessalonians 5:11
Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.

Psalm 64:3  
They sharpen their tongues like swords
    and aim cruel words like deadly arrows.

What I am supposed to do with my words (encourage) what I probably do with my words (arrows). I'm not perfect and will never be.  I loose my cool and can fly of the handle sometimes. And when I do that, the only person that is winning is Satan. And I know I don't want to be on that team. I don't want my words or actions to be swords and cruel arrows. I want them to be full of encouragement and love. And some days it's more a struggle than others to watch my tongue from turning into cruel arrows. And then the list begins: Days when things aren't going my way, I wake on the wrong side of the bed, sleepless nights with early mornings, blood sugars acting crazy, headaches, just not feeling well, kids fighting, kids not listening, stressed out, not checking things off the to do list, and so on and so on. That list can sprout wings and keep on moving until I can snap. Or I use this list as an excuse to act the way I do or say what I do.  And yes, I am guilty of that, just snapping.  I give in to the sin of losing my self control and anger and loose tongue. And that list of cruel arrows can  make me forget that I am here to encourage others. And in reality that is how Satan works, he finds that little thing that will make you explode and then fans the flames until all control is lost. And he sits back and smiles. And you know what God is still right beside me, whispering in my head: chill out, calm down, watch what you say or do. And loving me the whole time. And you know who hates that, yup Satan. He hates that after I loose it and have remorse for what I did wrong, I go ask for forgiveness from who I did wrong to and from God too. And God is there to forgive me, when I ask. 
1 John 1:9 states that ~ If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. No this doesn't mean I should just keep commiting the same sin over and over. But that I should be learning from it and not do it again. So I should make sure that the words coming out my mouth are to build others up and not tear them down. I need to remember I wouldn't like it if it was the other way around. And that I would probably ,okay, I would strike back, if the shoe was on the other foot. Then it turns into a big fire that once was just a spark. Some words hurt and destroy other people and other words can build up and encourage people. I know if I was told all the time I wasn't good then I would start believing that and never believe when I was told otherwise. And when I am encouraged I keep doing my best.
So what does you words do? Are they building or cruel arrows?

hugs and prayers~ KMS 

No comments:

Post a Comment