Wednesday, August 15, 2012


  To serve: what does that mean.?.?.? I serve breakfast, lunch, and supper along with a few snacks a day. I serve clean clothes. I serve dishes. I serve one toy after the other and sometimes the same toy more than once. I serve Veggie Tales from the garden and then store them for the winter. I serve tables, chairs, counter tops, cabinets' and even dirty faces. I serve toliets and showers and sometimes the windows. I serve to and from school. I serve to and from church. I serve making drinks for my family. I serve bringings snacks for the team. I serve going to sports. I serve the compute, books, and games. Day in day out, everyday. So who do I serve: me, things, or God??? I really try and serve God but sometimes, okay a lot of times, I serve myself. What can I get out of this....... A full belly, being well dressed, giving my kids their own desires, more filling the belly, clean places to sit and fill my belly, keeping the house smelling good(even in a house full of boys) making sure my kids are learning every day things, doing my part of the team, gaining some type of knowledge even if it's not good or useful, making sure I don't get thirsty, and that others are teaching my kids about God. These are great things for my family But do I put God into these ordinary things of my life????
    I need to and make sure God is put first and center in all these things.  Because I was made to serve him not things. I need to step back and reorganize my priorities.   I need to remember that God wants me to have a relationship with him.  That I need to serve him in ALL things even the day to day tasks of my life.  I need to remember that even if I don’t want to really do something then I probably still should because it’s truly All for him. So I need to step out of my comfort zone a little or a Lot! And make sure my Bible isn’t just collecting dust. I read this the other day and it stated…..   It may be a little uncomfortable at first but I would have to say, neither is hanging on a cross. If He can do that for us, I believe I can do this for Him. Makes you think.?.? 
     So how will I serve God???? First I need to remember  that  I am doing it for his glory, as stated in Colossians 3:23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men. Do I think it will always be roses, no? Do I think I will always do it without complaining, no? But I do know that I still need to try. And keep trying. And keep trying. And that, “All things are Possible through Christ our Lord.” And I need to serve not things but people with God’s love most of all. So that others can see Jesus, not look me and what I can do.  And I need to get uncomfortable to find my true comfort.
So where will I serve Him at today????? How will I Let God use me??

Ephesians 6:7
  Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not people

No comments:

Post a Comment