Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Jesus Sandwich

The last few months I did an online bible study through Proverbs 31 Ministry and we read the book, What Happens When Women Say YES to God by Lysa Terkeurst. This book really made me stop and think about my walk with Christ. During the course of this study the leaders encouraged us to step out and let go. They also showed us great examples or physical things that we can see or touch to remember that God is with us when we feel alone.

One of the chapters we looked at was titled: You never know how God will use you until you let Him. In this chapter we learned by letting go it can be the stepping stone for what God can do in our lives. And then with this stepping stone we can be AMAZED how God is working. 

So what does it mean to REMAIN?
Choose to stay connected, to stay put, stay connected
So what does this have to do with being AMAZED.?.?

If we choose to REMAIN where we are not moving things more than likely will not change but if we choose to REMAIN in Christ then things are going to change. So what holds us back from Letting Go and Letting God use us? Fear, the loss of control, the unknown, outside our comfort zone......
But for God to use us we must remember, " God must be Lord of All if He is our Lord at All."
So how can I let God use me???
I must CHOOSE to Him.
I must stay CONNECTED to Him.
I must stay FOCUSED on Him.
Remember He is INSIDE of me as a believer.

In John 15:4 Jesus states:
Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. ~NIV 

He is with me through every minute to every second of the day. If I move from one thing to the next guess what He is still there. Jesus is physically moving me, not me moving Him. 

 So what happens when I get discouraged or forget my way? I need to remember to to REMAIN in Jesus. Those little nudges I get  are the Holy Spirit, Jesus inside of me, working, moving me to let go and let Him. He promised that when He left the disciples he wouldn't leave them alone or us. He would send another counselor in His place,  
John 14:16,
And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Counselor to be with you forever.
Through this chapters in John we learn Jesus is with me always and not just Jesus but because of Him we are in the God our Father.
John 14:20
In that day you will know that I am in my Father, you are in Me and I am in you.

So to help us as a group to remember this verse and that Jesus is always with us the Proverbs 31 team gave us this example to see, touch and share.
 
Take 3 envelopes in varying size and one index card.

On the biggest envelope write the name GOD, the next size write Jesus, the smallest envelope write your name (in my case I wrote Kim) and on the index card write Jesus again. Shown below.....
Also on the GOD envelope write the bible verse, John 14:20 and if you want to flip the index card over and write the bible verse, John 15:4. As a reminder to REMAIN in God and in Jesus.Now take the Jesus index card and put inside your name envelope then add this into the Jesus envelope and last but not least put them all into the GOD envelope. Now you are a Jesus Sandwich because
In that day you will know that I am in my Father, you are in Me and I am in you.
John 14:20
So what do I have to fear. God and Jesus are EVERYWHERE I go! I just need to CHOOSE to REMAIN.
Because I am a 
JESUS SANDWICH!

This visual had a big impact on me when I first did it and ever since then. What a great thing to have stuck in places that I will see and so I can remember I am not alone.

hugs and prayers~ KMS

1 comment:

  1. It is a study that managed to "get" a lot of us to thinking! It was timing for me! We are working on "Draw the Circle ... 40 Day Prayer Challenge" ... I had to go buy "The Circle Maker"! I felt like I was missing something LOL After looking at back, I went to Mark Batterson's site and read his blog entry about his new book "All In". He used a similar phrase about God being Lord of all! It's all or nothing!! I don't think any of think it is coincidence. God is trying to get a message across to His people! Makes me wonder what is going on in the heavenly realm for there to be such an urgency in the Spirit to wake us up!

    ReplyDelete