Thursday, March 21, 2013

Jewelry oh Jewelry


 Love times I can be crafty. And it's extra special when I can make something for someone I love. For the last few years I made something for my mom for her birthday. Last year was a rose scarf made out of felt and this year I made her matching earrings, necklace, and a bracelet out of......................... Washers. 
Yup you read that right. Washers from the hardware store. I've seen several around the web and thought why not. They are really easy to make and didn't take that long to put together. The hardest part was waiting for the finger nail polish to dry. The earrings aren't reversible, that was the only downside. So here is a few pictures....
the supplies: nail polish, jump rings, washers, earrings

painted one side and flipped it over after it dried and then painted the other side black

starting the bracelet
The red side finished

the black side finished

finished bracelet






2 comments:

  1. I remember you making one several years back too. Scrapbook paper on it maybe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I did. I covered wooden beads with scrapbook paper. Love that necklace and I still get compliments every time I wear it. It was really easy but messy. But I guess the most rewarding craft projects usually are :)

      Delete